Sunday, December 15, 2013

Christmas Miracles!

Yesterday, at my NGO's graduation ceremony, I was lucky to be joined by 3 awesome Volunteers who came to celebrate with me, Kelly (my post mate), Wes (a friend of Kelly and mine), and Richard (my close-mate, another CED Volunteer who lives in Parakou).

It was awesome to have the company of all 3 Volunteers, but Richard really out-did himself when he decided to bring Christmas cheer to Benin by acting as Santa Clause at the ceremony, handing out stuffed teddy bears to each of the Primary School children that attend my NGO's non-profit school.

He did an awesome job playing the role, and the kids were delighted!

Christmas can seem like a far-away memory, when immersed in Beninese life, but Richard brought the Holiday cheer a lot closer!

Check out the photos from this little Christmas miracle:


Erika helping Richard get the costume on. 
Richard with the children, after handing out the gifts. 

One of the children, receiving his gifts. 

Santa, I mean Richard, waving hello! 

Baller! 



No comments:

Post a Comment